At Athens SDA we hope to provide a home for all who come. We understand that each path is different and that all stories have value as a ministry for God. Because of this we seek to find ways to reach each person that comes through out doors. Whether you are a college student, young family, retiree, or anybody else it is our hope to provide a ministry to serve your needs.
Here are our current ministries that function both during our worship services and at other times during the week:
- Collegiate/Young Adults
- We keep the community informed through our weekly worship bulletin, our website, and our newsletter that's emailed each week. Sign up here for the newsletter.
- Community Services
- Every 3rd Thursday of the month, a group leads out in feeding the homeless in our community through Our Daily Bread.
- We also share food baskets with families in need especially around holiday times such as Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Anyone can donate non perishable items to our church pantry.
- We're currently hosting a Reversing Diabetes seminar every Tuesday until the first week of October and we plan to do this again.
- Want to join a group of people who aim to help us all feel at home when we come to worship? This ministry is invaluable and means sacrificing time away from our Sabbath School time and portions of our worship service.
- Prayer meeting 7pm every Wednesday
Currently we are reading The Desire of Ages, one chapter each week. We open with prayer and then at the end we share prayer requests and pray around the circle.
Starting in September, on the 2nd Wednesday of the month, we'll change the format a bit and have longer periods of prayer time.
- Religious Liberty
- Sabbath School
- See additional information on this page
- Social Activities
- Vacation Bible School
- Prayer Group on the 2nd and 4th Thursday at 10am
Every time we meet we study a woman of the Bible. In November we will meet only the second Thursday. Sometimes we bring something for lunch to share or we go out to eat. We usually meet for a little more than an for study and prayer.