Church Family Check-in
To stay in regular connection with our church family
To encourage one another
To discover any needs that can be prayed for
To see if needs can be supplied by someone in our church
To build deeper connections with those who live close by
To remind each other that we’re in this together even while we’re apart
Use a conference call number or a video chat platform (whatever works best for all).
Have a regularly scheduled time to check in as a group for at least 30 minutes.
Ask each person to respond to a set of questions (3 questions maximum per mtg).
Participants can choose which questions to answer.
Participants can be as shallow or as deep in their answers as they choose to be.
- Figure out the best time to meet as a group & the best connection tool.
- Text/call reminders the day before
- Choose the 1-3 questions you’ll ask everyone (same set of questions for all)
- Encourage maximum participation; don’t push.
- Followup with anyone that you sense could benefit from one-on-one time.
- Prayer requests can be shared with Kathy Anderson directly as she’s our Prayer Ministries leader.
- Participate in the check-in’s as fully as you can by answering questions, too.
Possible Check-in Questions:
- What’s a “high” and a “low” from this past week?
- How has your journey with Jesus been this week?
- Do you know of anyone who needs extra support right now?
- How can we pray for you?
If time allows, we would love to get a quick report back from you. We would love to know your group’s prayer requests and any information that would be helpful in providing better spiritual care for them. Email reports to firstname.lastname@example.org or call an elder or the pastor.
If someone in your area is consistently missing the weekly check-ins, definitely reach out to them individually and let them know you are here to support them.
- What’s one new and interesting thing you’ve been thinking about lately?
- What’s one thing that brings you energy and joy?
- What kind of a day have you had so far today?
- What is your personal weather status (cloudy, foggy, sunny breaks etc)?
- What’s become apparent since we last talked?
- What words would you use to describe where your head is? And where your heart is?
- What’s one thing you hope to get accomplished this week?
- What is one interest of yours that others in this group might not know about?
- What is something you came across recently that gave you hope or inspiration?
Feel very free to use questions that come to your mind. The Holy Spirit will guide you.
Possible ways to connect with your family group:
- Google Hangouts
- Zoom (You may have a pro account to host a group)
- Free Conference Call—the church’s number is (425) 436-6200 and the access code is 577-201. You’re free to use it or create your own account at freeconferencecall.com You can also use it for video. More than one group can use the conference call as long as you’re using it at different times. So let me know if you want to use it and when so we can schedule well.
Thank you for being willing to take this on. This is necessary ministry especially now and in the weeks to come.
I’m praying for you. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to help you feel more comfortable in this role.
Listen with curiosity. Speak with honesty. Act with integrity. The greatest problem with communication is we don’t listen to understand. We listen to reply. When we listen with curiosity, we don’t listen with the intent to reply. We listen for what’s behind the words.
— Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
Featured image by: